- Get Connected
- File Storage and Sharing - Filr
Filr is a cloud-based drive similar to DropBox, Google Drive, and Microsoft OneDrive. However, PTS provides a full 40GB of storage space. It can be accessed at filr.ptsem.edu.
Filr integrates seamlessly with the H: drive and provides more functionality, such as self-serve file access and sharing via web and email, file collaboration, and laptop file syncing. In other words, if you install Filr, you can continue to use the H: drive as you normally would, but gain many more useful features.
Why use Filr at PTS:
- All students and teachers have immediate access to Filr; you don’t need to sign up for an account. Just use a browser and sign in with you PTS username and password. There are also downloadable applications that integrate Filr with your computer and phone.
- Unlike Google Drive and Microsoft One Drive that give you 15 GB of drive space, or DropBox that only gives you 2 GB of space, Filr at PTS gives you a full 40 GB of space.
- It’s free for life for all students. As an alumnus of PTS, you will have your Filr account, well, forever.
- You can access Filr from any desktop or laptop, phone or tablet, Windows or Apple.
- Filr is ran, maintained, and supported by the PTSs IT Services (ITS) department.
Training is available through the ITS Training Coordinator, and technical support is available through the ITS Help Desk.
Related Articles from Knowledge Base