- Training Opportunities
IT Services offers several opportunities to learn about the various tools and systems we support. Additionally, we offer in-person, one-on-one "Ask the Trainer" sessions for computer related training. Contact Wendy Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-524-1969 for assistance.
2017 Software Classes
To register for a training session, click the link for the date and time you’d like to attend and you will be prompted to e-mail your registration. All classes are held in the North Wing Training Room 3132.
February 28th 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
We have recently been migrating many of our paper processes to a program called Confluence. Confluence is a simple, powerful wiki that allows groups or departments to share information. (A wiki is a website that lets people collaborate and share information quickly). It is organized into collaboration areas called spaces which contain pages, attachments, and other types of content that can be viewed and edited by users.
Our ITS Knowledgebase (http://confluence.ptsem.edu/display/ITSKnowledge/Home) , PTS Catalogue, PTS Handbook, and most recently pages within our Inside PTS Website (https://inside.ptsem.edu/Landing/Employee.aspx) are all being powered by Confluence. We would like to invite anyone who is responsible for editing any of the materials mentioned above in Confluence to attend an introductory training session that will teach you some tips and tricks for adding and editing content within the program.
TIPS, TRICKS & TIMESAVERS SERIES
PC Users- Word 2016
March 16th 10:00 a.m. - 11:30
Learn features of Word 2016 including:
- Using the File Backstage View
- Changing Default file Open and Save locations
- Accessing the Recent file list and pinning files
- Customizing the Quick Access toolbar
- Setting default font, spacing, and margins
- Inserting a header & footer
- Creating and using Quick Parts to insert signatures or frequently used information into your documents.
FILR 3.0 **New Version**
The PTS system for file storage, sharing and collaboration
March 23rd 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
In order to facilitate more effective transfers of large files and more accessible file sharing over the web, Information Technology Services is pleased to offer Filr. Using Filr, employees will have access to their personal files (home drives), scan files and department folders, from off-campus without the use of VPN. Because Filr is a cloud storage solution, you can use it to access your files from any location with an internet connection -- on your phone, tablet or laptop/computer – again, all without the use of VPN.
In addition, a desktop version of Filr is now available which enables seamless updating of files shared with you. You can synchronize your Filr files with your computer, and then modify the files without accessing the Filr site directly. Additions, modifications, and other actions are synchronized between Filr and your computer.
TIPS, TRICKS & TIMESAVERS SERIES
Outlook 2016: Inbox & Contacts
Tuesday April 4th 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m
- Easily access an E-mail subfolder by showing it as a favorite.
- Assigning a color category to messages for quick organization
- Flagging a message for follow up- never miss a request again!
- Routing mail efficiently using mailbox rules
- NEW! Quick Steps- learn how to customize these built in timesavers.
- E-mails with multiple attachments- you can save all attachments in one step!
- Have you received an e-mail with multiple recipients that you would like to turn into your own distribution list? Now you can!
Ask the Trainer
Ask the Trainer sessions are desk side visits to answer specific questions regarding an application or file. Appointments are on a first-come-first-serve basis, so please call Wendy Sample (x1969) or e-mail email@example.com to schedule an appointment.